San Juan 21 Mark II for sale

Post SJ21 items for sale or trade. Remember that you can add photos as well. If you are looking for an item or boat to buy, post here as well.

Moderator: Charmed Juan

San Juan 21 Mark II for sale

Postby Steve C » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:37 pm

1981 San Juan 21 Mark II. This is the cleanest San Juan 21 you will find. It has zero deck rot. After I purchased it, I removed all the deck fittings and where I found rot (all San Juans of this era have rot) I took a dremel tool and removed the wet saturated balsa and either replaced it with new balsa in the larger areas or replaced it with epoxy filled with micro balloons. This deck is solid. All fittings were rebedded correctly and the area around the screws were filled with epoxy. New stainless bolts and large fender washers were used to spread the loads over a larger area. Bottom has two coats of epoxy barrier coat plus bottom paint. Keel box has the newer class legal panel covering it not the old fabric panel. About the sails. Most boats of this era have blown out original sails. This boat has an almost new main with probably only 10 or so days of sailing on it. The working jib is original and tired. The genoa is at about a 70% of new condition. It is also equipped with a brand new, never used spinnaker and pole. There are also various older sails available as well as a smaller spinnaker. Sails are kept in my basement. Boat is kept in a barn in the off season, it does not sit outside getting moldy and wet. Comes with a 3.5 Nissan outboard. The boat sits on an Easy Loader trailer with new tires. Comes with new porta potti still in the box, never opened or used.

Asking $4200
503-519-9596
Steve C

Return to Items For Sale, Wanted, or Trade