Chelan regatta

Most current Fleet 1 News. Post anything you want or need about upcoming races or events. Also let everyjuan know if you plan on attending the next race

Moderator: Charmed Juan

Chelan regatta

Postby Krysia Ry » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:46 pm

Looks like there should be two boats coming down this year from Fleet 61, Kootenay Lake. I know i will be there as I actually got the holidays approved. I also will be bringing my new rudder Sparky, which is much lighter and quite nice to look at.
Hope to see a whole fleet of ya there.
Bill
Krysia Ry

Re: Chelan regatta

Postby Capt. Woogy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:14 pm

Hey Bill, glad to hear you can make it this year. Wooglin will be there and we might get at least 6 other Fleet 1 boats as well.
Now all we have to do is rally the Montana boys and Fleet 52.... H e l l o... McVaughn?
- CW
Chris Popich
Wooglin #986 MK1
Capt. Woogy

Postby Sparky » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:11 am

Hey Bill,

Glad to hear that you won't be hauling that 60 lb blistered rudder around behind you this year. Looking forward to seeing you at Chelan. Bring your guitar!!!

Chris, good job rallying the Seattle boats. We should have 2 or 3 SJ's from Chelan on the line. I'll keep working on the Lewiston/Clarkston boats.

Marc
Sparky

Postby cklamp » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:35 pm

I'll be there with my Fiance as well, so we'll be in the "cruising" class, but i've heard it's a pretty laid back event so that's a good thing:) I'm impressed with the little Shoreside RV park so far, amenities, organization, etc. We have to get out of there early on Sunday rather than paying for another entire night. We're leaving thursday evening from Renton, but we'll probably show up sometime Friday morning.

Later
C
cklamp
Site Admin

Postby Wild Juan » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:47 pm

Is there some extra information for the rv park location, and the address to the launch facility?

Thanks
Wild Juan #630
Wild Juan

Postby Capt. Woogy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:07 pm

The city RV park plus the launch ramp & marina are all within walking distance of each other as well as a great park with a swimming area for your kids.

http://cityofchelan.us/parks/rv/rv_park.aspx
http://cityofchelan.us/parks/marina/lak ... arina.aspx

and some info to get yourself registered...

http://sailchelan.com/regatta
Chris Popich
Wooglin #986 MK1
Capt. Woogy

Postby cklamp » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:57 pm

Chris does this sound about right... 5$ per day to park, 5$ to launch, and 15$ per day moorage? or are there any discounts worked out since it's a "regatta" that we should be asking for?

Later
C
cklamp
Site Admin

Postby Capt. Woogy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:30 pm

Pretty sure you get a parking pass and a free launch with registration. I've always paid for moorage.
CW
Chris Popich
Wooglin #986 MK1
Capt. Woogy

Postby cklamp » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:26 pm

For those that are coming, got this not from Marc today. So Chris win's the "correct answer" award:)

later
C

Saw your note, launch and parking fees are waived for the Chelan regatta participants. When you arrive at the park on Friday night or Saturday morning, there will be a greeter down at the boat house that will give you a launch permit and parking slip for your vehicle and trailer…

Marc
cklamp
Site Admin

Return to Fleet 1 News & Upcoming Events