Deck Organizer

Need help with your San Juan 21? Got a hot tip on how to make your boat go faster? Easier to sail? This is the place to go.

Moderator: Charmed Juan

Deck Organizer

Postby WindSteeler » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:42 pm

I purchased a deck organizer and I am just getting to installing it and found the bolt holes don't line up. Port to starboard are so very close but fore and aft aren't. I was wondering if I could place it beneath the deck plate between the the bolts? With the pressure from the most down on it I don't think it will twist but I wonder if the base plate needs to be in full contact with the deck?
Attachments
photo 4.JPG
photo 4.JPG (36.95 KiB) Viewed 1204 times
photo 3.JPG
photo 3.JPG (37.95 KiB) Viewed 1204 times
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG (38.13 KiB) Viewed 1204 times
photo 1.JPG
photo 1.JPG (36.26 KiB) Viewed 1204 times
WindSteeler

Re: Deck Organizer

Postby kuriti » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:15 am

I would put some washers in there and it would probably be okay structurally. Garhauer makes a mast organizer that fits like a glove and has many more attachment points though:

http://garhauermarine.com/catalog_process.cfm?cid=68

I forget exactly which one it is, but you should be able to figure out from the measurements given.

If you go with the one you have, i strongly recommend that you overdrill and fill the forward holes with epoxy. With only washers there is a high likelihood of water intrusion.
kuriti

Re: Deck Organizer

Postby cklamp » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:27 pm

Is drilling new holes an option? It's just stainless steel and I doubt it would change things with the plate structurally.

Later
C
cklamp
Site Admin

Return to Help Me - Tips, Tricks, & Secrets