I need help rigging.

Need help with your San Juan 21? Got a hot tip on how to make your boat go faster? Easier to sail? This is the place to go.

Moderator: Charmed Juan

I need help rigging.

Postby C0mbatCarl » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:11 am

I have a San Juan 21 my 80 year old grandfather took a long time to restore for me. I should have everything needed to get underway. I just have never rigged the boat. I will gladly supply beer, whiskey, the best chicken fried steak you hav ever had, money, tactical gear or combinations for anyone willing to help. I am about to deploy again for my 8th or 9th time. I really need to get this boat in the water before my grandfather passes. I live out near Fort Lewis. Please text or call 817 719 5629 Carl. I would really like to do this this weekend or the next. I will handle it anytime you can. Thank you for you time.
C0mbatCarl

Re: I need help rigging.

Postby cklamp » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:53 am

Carl, what area is the boat located? I'm assuming near JBLM somewhere?

I'll probably be in the Spanaway area sometime this weekend, but we also have a member or two in the Auburn or American Lake areas. I probably can't help you super bowl weekend, but I'll see if I can figure something out this weekend.

Thank you so much for your service!

Thanks
Christian
cklamp
Site Admin

Postby Wild Juan » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:12 am

Ahoy Carl
You happen to be in luck for this weekend. It will be the first races of the year for the American lake sailing club. I would be more then happy to assist you with the rigging of your boat. If you come to American lake park located at the north end of the lake around 09:00 there will be myself and another juan setting up the boats. If you can make a day of being on the water then you can join in the fun come race time around noon.
Cheers
Scott
Wild Juan

Postby C0mbatCarl » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:03 pm

Gentlemen,
I took the boat out today. It was a beautiful feeling to be at the helm again even in the 1-3 mph wind. It was funny watching my dogs work on their sea legs and even more funny watching my wife cry. She sticks her little lip out. At the end of the day she crushed our trailer and my bumper. I will enjoy figering out how to get my tailgate to open and close again. At least I could limp home. I could not blame her as the though never crossed my mind she could not back the trailer. She was so excited and convincing in her request to back to the boat ramp. Now I will have an excuse to beef up the trailer.
I must thank you again for everything. I only hope I can return the favor. I look forward to meeting with you again.
Carl
C0mbatCarl

Postby cklamp » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:12 pm

No problem Carl, it was great meeting you, and really glad I could help you get back out on the water. Tell the wife not to despair, backing up a trailer is much harder than pulling one, and definitely takes some practice. I'm sure it's nothing a crowbar and some duct tap couldn't fix anyways:)

Glad to hear you had fun too, hope the wife enjoyed it more than you though:) And yes, dogs on a boat can be quite entertaining! Depending on when you get deployed, keep an eye on our Events Calendar as we should have some events for you to come check out. Last weekend in February should be the rigging clinic I think. You could bring the boat up and have even more people take a look at it.

later
C
cklamp
Site Admin

Return to Help Me - Tips, Tricks, & Secrets