"Clewless" CLK216270576 Sail# 1672

A place to comment on anything and everything related to our boats and sailing. You can also post photos of your recent sailing adventures.

Moderator: Charmed Juan

"Clewless" CLK216270576 Sail# 1672

Postby TrailerSailerSam » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:29 am

Hello everyone. I am now the proud owner of "Clewless" a 1976 San Jaun 21 Mark II. Yes, I'm doing some restoration and updating but in general she is in pretty good shape.

I race and cruise I got the boat because I like to do the Florida 120 in the Pensacola Florida area each year. Have done the FLA 120 in a Hunter 18.5 wing keel sloop for the past two years but missed this year because I sold the Hunter and purchased a Beneteau 235. The Beneteau trailer is fine for taking the boat out for service but I declared it unsafe for a 500 mile trip going 65 MPH since the trailer, boat, motor combination weight is 4,440 lbs and the trailer is only rated for 3,650. I am 70 years old and don't take chances like i use to. My Beneteau is named "Nauticlew" and is a very nice sailing boat. However, the San Juan will be perfect for trailering and doing the FLA 120 next year. Come join in the fun.

We race year round here at the Concord Yacht Club in Knoxville, TN. It's lake sailing here but once or twice a year I get down to the Gulf Coast for some cruising. At heart I'm a "Trailer Sailor" and love to gunk hole in the bays from Mobile Bay to Chocthawhatchee Bay, a beautiful area.

Glad to be on board the Fleet 1 Forum.
TrailerSailerSam

Return to Dockside