WA State Registration - Hull Identification Nos.

A place to comment on anything and everything related to our boats and sailing. You can also post photos of your recent sailing adventures.

Moderator: Charmed Juan

WA State Registration - Hull Identification Nos.

Postby jaltice » Fri May 05, 2017 11:21 am

During recent registration for new decals, I was told that I needed a CG HIN. I'd used either the WN7174R or Hull #366 in the past; this new number is being pushed out ostensibly to standardize nos.

Anyway, here's the kicker, the instructions state: "Each hull identification no. must be carved, burned, stamped, embossed, molded, bonded, or otherwise permanently affxed to the boat so that alteration, removal, or replacement would be obvious." The new hull ID has to be "installed" on the transom, port & starboard hull, and on the forecastle.

For Washington staters, what are you using to install your numbers? I was going to get an adhesive band and stick it in the four locations, but the instructions seem to call for a more permanent installation.
Ballard, WA
Parveen, Hull No. 366
jaltice@comcast.net
"There is no cannibalism in the British Navy; absolutely none. And when we say "none" we mean there is a certain amount."
jaltice

Re: WA State Registration - Hull Identification Nos.

Postby cklamp » Mon May 08, 2017 12:12 pm

Haven't been there yet, but i'll let ya know if\when I have to deal with it and come up with something.

Later
C
cklamp
Site Admin

Postby San Juan Sailboats » Thu May 11, 2017 4:59 pm

Your boat was made prior to 1973. They didn't have HIN's then. That started in 73.
When I registered my C-Lark (1969) in the mid 90's They assigned me a HIN.
San Juan Sailboats

Postby scotd » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:45 am

I just bought hull # 1432, 1976. When I transfered title they assigned me a new HIN. It needs a "permanent" installation - haven't decide exactly how to do that yet. It hadn't been registered for a number of years, and I also couldn't keep the old registration numbers, so have to replace those, though that's easier.
scotd

Return to Dockside