Mojo 899 Coming to Bellingham

A place to comment on anything and everything related to our boats and sailing. You can also post photos of your recent sailing adventures.

Moderator: Charmed Juan

Mojo 899 Coming to Bellingham

Postby Mojo899 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:16 pm

IMG_4140-768x405 (2).jpg
IMG_4140-768x405 (2).jpg (75.74 KiB) Viewed 129 times

I have recently acquired Mojo 899. I have sailed on her for many years. I was just given the opportunity to bring her to Bellingham as my own boat.

Mojo is a Mark 1 for those who have not seen or raced against her. She was donated to the Chelan Sailing Association a few years ago by Patrick Merriman. Patrick Merriman and the Sailing Association agreed to donate the boat to myself so that I can work on her and get her back in shape for racing steadily. I plan to be quite active here in Bellingham and will look in to joining some of the Fleet 1 races in the future. I also crew on a Melges 24 which we are working on taking to the worlds in Victoria next June. Next season will be very busy so I may not get to all of the regattas I would like to. After next summer though I may be able to get to most of the regattas in or around Washington with Mojo.

If anyone is interested in following the progress of Mojo I will most likely setup a page on my site andrewjonessailing.com. I will also setup a page with the Melges 24 so that can be followed if anyone wants.

My dad got me in to sailing when I was a young buck. I have sailed since and now have a kid of my own on the way that I hope will be just as active if not more in sailing than I am.
Mojo899

Re: Mojo 899 Coming to Bellingham

Postby San Juan Sailboats » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:18 pm

Congratulations!
Hope to see you at our next Fleet 1 race, October 7
San Juan Sailboats

Postby Mojo899 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:54 am

Unfortunately the boat is not over on this side of the mountains yet, and I will be in Canada for their Thanksgiving.
Mojo899

Postby Krysia Ry » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:50 pm

Go Andrew, Get that fleet back on their keels
CHeers
Bill
Krysia Ry

Return to Dockside